ACT offers monthly classes featuring age-appropriate material for your child. Students learn everything from the basics of theatre to the overall production of a live performance. Our classes are a great place to start with ACT and find out more about you passion for there! To find out more specific information about our classes click here. To register click here.
Saturday Classes— ACT offers classes almost every Saturday of the school year. These classes are themed around different theatrical and literary ideas; our Saturday classes are a great way to learn new skills and practice some skills you’ve already gained.
- Pre-K Classes (ages 3.5-6) — These classes we use story drama, which is where we take an story and bring to life it’s characters and problems while we work together to save the day! Each adventure is designed to engage your student’s mind, body and imagination.
- 1st-3rd Classes (ages 6-9) –These classes use a more advanced version of story drama where the student now help create the story based off themes, ideas and creative problems. Each class is designed to introduce the student to working with the tools of the actor and expanding their imagination.
- 4th-6th Class (ages 9-12) — These classes are meant to work on specific theatre skills such as characters, monologues, motivations and much more; these classes will help your actor get prepared for auditions, performance groups and their next steps in acting. They are great for both beginners and more advanced students.
- 7th-12th Class (ages 12-18) — These classes allow actors to dive deep into the art of acting, with the focus on the skill you’ll need to be successful in a show, at an audition or any time you are on the stage. From script work to scene work these classes will have all you need. They are great for both beginners and more advanced students.
After School Classes & Performance Groups — ACT offers a verity of audition or script based groups. These groups allow actors to explore a specific style of theater and stretch themselves to learn and grow. These groups meet at a variety of dates and times for more information click the link below.
Performance Groups are where students can take their craft to the next level. Performance groups are audition-only groups for actors or singers looking to hone their craft. Auditions take place in May and sometimes also in the fall if spaces are available. These groups are a school-year commitment.
- Encore (Grades 9-12) and Stardust (Grades 3-8) – Show Choir/Musical Theatre
- Troupe (Grades 9-12), Troupers (Grades 6-8) and Ensemble (Grades 3-5) – Acting
- Spontaneous Combustion (Grades 9-12) and Sparks (Grades 6-8) – Improv
- Tech Titans (Grades 4-12) — Technical Theatre
In addition to classes and performance groups, ACT is proud to offer you private lessons to hone your craft. Our teachers are available to help you or or child fine tune the skills you have. If you would like to get to know our staff members you can find their staff bios here.