On This Page You will be able to find the latest and most updated information about the adjustments made to ACT’s Calendar, classes, productions and program in relating to the COVID-19 Virus.
Classes are held at the ACT Studio and in the Windermere Children’s Theatre at 213 Wellsian Way in Richland with the following guidelines in regard to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. ACT will continue to follow all state and local guidelines and will update you at the time that those adjustment effect our theatre.
ACT’s Current Guidelines:
• Masks are optional at the theatre, but ACT will provide masks for anyone who would like one.
• Students and staff are encouraged to keep socially distant with minimal contact.
• Cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer will be available to help keep the space and students safe and clean.
• If your student is feeling sick even in the littlest amount. Please keep them home. If students are feeling sick or showing any flu or cold like symptoms, we may call parents to have the student picked up early.
Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you at ACT!!
All of our COVID protocols from summer are still in place, so they should look pretty familiar to you. However, I did want to share our statement endorsed by our board about COVID safety protocols from the upcoming school year:
ACT continues to monitor recommendations from the CDC, Washington State Health Department, and ArtsWA to help make informed and safe choices for the students to continue to participate in person at ACT. The following are the steps we are taking at ACT in order to ensure our students safety:
- All students and staff will remain masked at all times (unless drinking water).
- All students and staff will use social distancing while at ACT (3ft for outdoor spaces, 6ft for indoor)
- All spaces will be wiped down and sanitized after classes
- All students and staff will have their temp checked at the start of class; if their temp is over 100.4 degrees students and staff will be asked to go home.
- IF you are experiencing ANY symptoms or feeling sick in ANY WAY please stay home. We are happy to provide an online link to view and participate in class. If your student or an immediate family member has been in close contact, as defined by the CDC, please let us know ASAP.
- Class sizes are being limited to allow for safety.
- If a student or staff member at ACT tests positive for COVID and your student has been in close contact, as defined by the CDC, you’ll be notified as soon as we find out. The students or staff’s information will be kept private.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID or an immediate family member tests positive ACT will ask that the student or staff member is kept home for 10 days.
- **All current on-site ACT staff members, teachers, and volunteers are fully vaccinated**.
By using these guidelines and keeping updated on recommendations ACT has managed to keep our door open and in-person classes going. We hope with your help and cooperation we are able to help keep our building a safe place as we enter our upcoming school year. While we hope to remain in person, ACT is ready to move online if needed.
*Updated 6/16/21 Information Below this Point may be out of date*
Classes starting in summer will move forward in person. We will continue to update as we get more information. ACT will be following the guidelines set for by ARTSWA (Arts Washington) and the state health department in order to hold in-person classes this summer. The following are the guidelines that we will be following:
- Classes will be held in in open air venues. Either outdoors or in an open air interior space.
- Students and staff will socially distance at 3ft.
- Students and staff will wear masks at all times during class. Over the nose and under their chin.
- Cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer will be available to help keep the space and students safe and clean.
- Class sizes will be held 50% of their normal capacity until further notice. IF this guidelines changes we will open up more spots.
Please check back with this page, prior to heading to class. As guidelines change rapidly and we will use this page to keep our patrons updated. If you have any further questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Updated 7/9/2020 Information Below this Point may be out of date*
A letter from the ACT Board of DirectorsDownload
ACT’s Summer and Fall Announcement Video
Online Educational Opportunities
All classes until July 13 will be held online, we will continue to update as we get more information. As a guideline ACT will be able to hold in-person classes again when Benton County moves to phase 3.
Previous Updates: Below this Point is information pertaining to older updates. Some of the information has been updated in the segments you’ve read above. If you are looking for information regarding update between March and May of 2020 and programs in that time, this is the section you will find it.
As many of you are aware Gov. Jay Inslee has announced that all schools will be closed from March 17-April 24 due to the COVID-19 virus. With this and the safety of all of our students, parents, teachers, volunteers, staff, and all members of our ACT Family ACT will be postponing all productions, rehearsals, and events related to productions until we can safely have them again. We appreciate your understanding, patience, and forgiveness in the situation.
The choices we were facing with productions have many large repercussions on our theatre, our community, and the support system of ACT. Please note that these choices were not made lightly and we tried to consider every angle we could in making these choices. We do understand that not every scheduling choice made will work for every single person in our casts, we do apologize if these new dates and times cause conflicts, issues, or extra stresses for you and your family. It nearly impossible rescheduling and move events of this size without running into some conflicts for some of folks. We hope that by getting the information to you as quick as possible it will be helpful in fitting these show into your calendar.
If conflict do arise because of these new dates and times please let us know ASAP so we can make them down and see if there are any adjustments that can be made. We appreciate and value each and every person in and around our productions and thank you for helping make them as successful as possible. Our goal is to make sure that we can still put on these productions as quick as possible and while still allowing each production to have the ACT experience that you have come to except.
In the remainder of this email you will find our detailed information about how our productions are moving forward with rehearsals, performances, and other details.
A Wrinkle In Time
Rehearsals Resume Online: May 25th.
Streaming Performances Available : June 12-21
The Jungle Book
Friends and Family Night: July 16th
Streaming Performances Available : July 17-26
**** Emily and Shea will be working with Lisa to update your rehearsal calendar as quickly as we can so we can email it to you. Please keep an eye out for future emails with updated rehearsal calendars.****
If you have already purchased tickets for these shows we will be contacting folks early next week directly to find out how they would like to handle their tickets. Just so you are aware do we will have the following options for your ticket purchases:
- We can transfer that ticket to a future performance of either production.
- We can refund your tickets purchase back to you.
As you are considering what to do with your tickets we’d like to take a moment to ask if you would consider instead of asking for refund to give it as a donation to the theatre or to pay it forward to a future performance. As many of you know we are small non-profit arts organization that survives by the programs we offer, our ticketed productions, and amazing donors. However, with the onset of COVID-19 and the need for us to postpone our upcoming productions we (and many other local businesses) will be hit particularly hard. As we will not have our planned incoming for production or classes coming in for the next 6 weeks. We can offer a full refund of your tickets but we do greatly appreciate you taking a moment to consider one of our other options.
Please keep an eye out for future email from ACT regarding our current COVID situation, if you are involved with A Wrinkle in Time or The Jungle Book. Please keep yourselves healthy and enjoy your weekend. Feel free to email us any questions you may have. At Lisa@actstaff.org and/or email@example.com
The Lion King Jr. Auditions have been Postponed until further notice.
As many of you are aware Gov. Jay Inslee has announced that all schools will be closed from March 17-April 24 due to the COVID-19 virus. With this and the safety of all of our students, parents, teachers, volunteers, staff, and all members of our ACT Family ACT will be canceling all educational programming between now and May 1st. We appreciate your understanding and forgiveness in the situation. The ACT staff will still be working to bring you as many creative ways to have some theatre fun at home during these 6 weeks; we will also be working towards getting our May and Summer programming ready to go! ACT’s office will open by appointment only during these 6 weeks. If you are also involved with our production, please note that an email from our Production Manager, Lisa Howell, and myself will be coming out soon to detail the steps we are taking with our productions. The choices we are facing with productions have quite a few more moving pieces and we are working toward having a solid plan.
In the remainder of this email you will find our detailed information about how our education program is moving forward with classes, options for tuition, and other details for all of our classes and Performance Groups.
If you are currently signed up for either of our March Saturday classes (Dr. Seuss on the Loose or The Whimsical World of Dr. Seuss) the remainder of the class will be canceled.
If you are signed up for any of our April classes, we will not be holding these classes.
If you are signed up for May classes, we will still start class on May 2nd and run through May 16th as planned.
As for your tuition we have a couple of options:
1) ACT can offer a tuition refund on any class that was canceled or adjusted due to this cancelation.
2) We will also gladly move your tuition in full to a future class.
a. Our classes that we are offering for May will now be:
i. Pre-K: DinoStories!
ii. 1st-3rd: Prehistoric Adventures!
iii. 4th-6th: The Magic of Improv
iv. 7th-12th: Monologues
b. Our Summer classes are currently available for view on our website and registration will start at the end of next week.
As you are considering what to do with your tuition we’d like to take a moment to ask if you would consider instead of asking for refund to give it as a donation to the theatre or to pay it forward to a future class at ACT. As many of you know we are small non-profit arts organization that survives by the programs we offer, our ticketed productions, and amazing donors. However, with the onset of COVID-19 and the need for us to cancel our programming we (and many other local businesses) will be hit particularly hard. We can offer a full refund of your tuition but we do greatly appreciate you taking a moment to consider one of our other options.
Performance Groups (Stardust, Encore, SPC, Sparks, Tropuers, Super Troupers, and Troupe)
Starting this weekend we will no longer be holding onsite rehearsals for these groups. We are currently in the process of figuring out what programming or projects we can offer via digital means or offering individual at home based work to help projects move forward. Please be sure to keep an eye on your email next week for more information from your individual directors.
An Update on Arts Alive
After looking at the calendar and rehearsal time needed we decided three things:
1) Based on schedules having a formal unified Arts Alive event will not be possible this year. We are going to allow each group to have their own final recital on dates and times that work best for their program. Your directors will be working with you all directly (via email) over the next few weeks to help figure this out.
2) We are going to wait to make this choices until a final diction is made on the end of school and school activates rescheduling in order to allow our students to not have to make a choice as to which program they can do.
3) Each group will run programming until their final recital date.
Please keep an eye out on your email for future updates on this subject as it develops. We thank you for your help and understanding in this situation. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask the director of your group.
Tech Titans and Ensemble
These programs will be canceled during this 6 week period. We will start them up again at their next regularly schedule rehearsal time following May 1st
For Ensemble: Your April tuition can be used as your May payment if you’d already paid. If you have paid through the end of the year, for April’s tuition we can offer you the same options as our Saturday classes above. Your next class meeting will be on May 4th and the class will run on its usual Mon & Wed 4p-5:30p timeslot. We will keep the theme of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
For Tech Titans: Your next class session will be on May 7th at its usual 4p-6p time.
Thank you again for understanding and patience. Please know that is choices was made with the best interest of everyone in our community in mind. We are very excited for things to return to normal at ACT in May!
If you do have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org