After directing 39 Steps at Richland Players and R&J at Richland High, Ellicia Elliott will be teaching a class on Shakespeare this week just in time for A Midsummer Night’s Dream Auditions!
The Actor’s Workshop is a weekly workshop series, Sunday nights from 6 PM to 8 PM.The class costs $20 as a drop in fee, or you can purchase a 5 week punch card for $80 and attend other workshops on such topics as dance, stage combat, and monologue work.
Who the Workshop is for
- You enjoy Shakespeare and want to learn clues on how to perform his works the way Shakespeare intended.
- You are intimidated by Shakespeare, but want to learn how to enjoy his works.
- You are in an English class in which you will be reading and discussing Shakespeare, and you want to be prepared.
- You are considering auditioning for ACT’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The Actor’s Workshop: Shakespeare with Ellicia Elliott
- What? Shakespeare at the Actor’s Workshop
- When? 6-8p, Sunday Nov 3
- How Much? $20 drop-in, or $80 for a 5 class punch card
- Where? ACT, 213 Wellsian Way, Richland
About Instructor Ellicia Elliott
Ellicia Elliott is the award winning theatre director at Richland High School. She has been recognized by the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle for her directing and her educational outreach programs. She has directed over thirty productions; some of her favorites include The Diary of Anne Frank, Seussical, Macbeth, Once on this Island, Romeo and Juliet, and The Sound of Music at Richland High School, The 39 Steps at the Richland Players, and Revenge of the Space Pandas at the international Edinburgh Fringe Festival. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts Education and a Master’s degree in Theatre Production, both from Central Washington University. She has continued her theatre training at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and through a fellowship at Seattle Repertory Theatre.